Friday, November 15, 2013

A Minotaur Mess

I was inspired by Lou Rollins' recent post, A Harlequin Miss, about the restoration of a retro Eldar Harlequin miniature and decided to talk about a little project that I'm undertaking. I have had a Chaos Blood Bowl team on the workbench since the start of the year, back to when I made a post about basing some chaos warriors. My local league is currently finishing up its season for the Spike Magazine trophy and will start its Dungeonbowl season within the next few weeks. In preparation for the new season, I have resolved to finish my chaos team, The Brawnx Bleatboys. With my beastmen just a few touches from being complete, I only need one more player to finish filling out the team: a minotaur. The miniature that I've had in mind for my frenzied team muscle is an old Games Workshop minotaur from 1987 which is currently suffering under a caked on paint job that I gave it in that same era when I was in middle school. I thought that it would be fun and nostalgic to restore this miniature and put it back in to service on the table top. Before giving it a long Simple Green bath and stripping it down for a repaint, I thought that it would be fun to snap a photo for the archives. Stay tuned for a future post where I'll show the final results alongside of the complete Bleatboys roster.


No comments:

Post a Comment