Monday, February 4, 2013

Chaos Team Based

I finished basing my next Blood Bowl team project, an as yet unnamed Chaos team. While I have no immediate plans to play them in my local league since we just began a new season, I have been wanting to get them painted up for a while. They are the standard Chaos All Stars team from Games Workshop. For the bases, I used a common practice of making rocklike formations from cork board tile. Since figures in blood bowl get handled a fair amount, I was worried about how they would hold up if I just pinned them them onto or through the cork. Rather than pinning, I decided to mount the miniature on top of the base, instead of slotting it through the base, and to build a support for the miniature's tab with green stuff. The green stuff was pressed into the base's slot and then wrapped up around the mini's tab. Once that set up for a few hours, I then built the cork around the tab and green stuff support and underneath the figure's feet. Finally, since cork can be a bit crumbly, I tried to seal it by brushing the cork with PVA glue. The final result seems very secure.

Since the set only comes with 3 chaos warriors and the CRP allows a maximum of 4 on a team, I created the fourth warrior from a 1980's era Warhammer chaos warrior that I've had since my high school days. An overnight bath in Simple Green, a hearty scrub and clipping the mace from his hand has him ready to be included on the roster.


The four Chaos Warriors.


4 of the 8 Beastmen to show the 4 distinct poses.


Now I just need to clean up some of the mold lines, prime and paint.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Chris! Ive added your blog to the list I follow! looking forward to more stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jay. I've added http://theraptorsnest.blogspot.com/ to my list too. I see you got your Dreadball figs. Nice stuff.

      Delete