Monday, May 13, 2013

Pro Elf Team

Here are a few images of the Pro Elf team that I've been playing my Blood Bowl league's current Chaos Cup season. I was snapping a few pictures this morning of the Lizardman team that I've started working on, and figured that I would post these elves while I was at it.

I didn't obsess over every detail on the paint job that I did for this Elf Team. In general, I'm a slow painter because I try to take time with all the details on a figure. I also have trouble finding consistent time to paint so I end up having to relearn techniques and how I pulled off certain effects. For this project, my intention was to develop some quick, fairly repeatable techniques to be able to produce tabletop quality paint jobs. I wanted to try and paint the team as rapidly as I could while still not being ashamed of the final product that I was putting on the table. They are not likely to win any painting awards, but I think I achieved the goal of making some game-quality players ready for the pitch.

Blitzers
Thrower
Catchers
 Linemen

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Chris. I think you did a great job, even if its a fast paint up!

    Im a slow painter too. Its a curse! Waaaaaaaay too much stuff to paint, and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm always amazed at the number of projects, and the wide variety of genres that you've got in progress. I'm looking forward to all my Bones from Reaper to arrive so that I can branch out a little.

    ReplyDelete