Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Millennium Falcon Repaint

I have to admit it, the miniature that pushed me over the edge and got me to start playing X-Wing Miniatures Game was the Millennium Falcon. Fantasy Flight did a simply superb job modeling Han Solo's trusty interstellar freighter. They sculpted an amazing amount of detail into this model, right down to the laser scarring, dents and dings. I have remarked before about the high quality of the factory table-top paint jobs with X-Wing Miniatures. But, the more I played with the Falcon in my squad lists, the stronger my desire to repaint it grew. Over the past week, I broke out my brushes and started dirtying up my Falcon to make it look as close as I could to the film model that was the rusty bucket of bolts that Luke and Ben were first introduced to on Tatooine. It's a subtle repaint. It's not a dramatic repaint like trying to portray the Stellar Envoy or the Krayt Fang (which I may decide to tackle at some point). But, I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment