Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reg Gashnier

I am usually resistant to the idea of taking commissioned painting projects, but a good friend of mine is the organizer for the 2014 Black Hole Brawl Blood Bowl tournament in Raleigh, NC and asked if I would be willing to help out by painting a couple of star players that will be used as prizes. I think that good prize support really helps player enjoyment at events so I was happy to help out.

The first of the two figures that I was given to paint is a blood bowling dragon-man star. After doing a bit of research on this figure, I believe that this is Reg Gashnier. It was a miniature sculpted by Pedro Ramos for Willy Miniatures as the tournament miniature for the Australian Dragonbowl in 2012. I think he will be a nice star player option for any Lizardman or Slann team since he can probably serve as Lottabottol or perhaps Slibli. I really like how the red and gold on his armor contrast with the teal shade that I gave his skin. Now I am tempted to try painting an entire team with this color scheme since I think it really pops off the table top.




I have also finished a Jordell Freshbreeze prize for the Black Hole Brawl and will be posting that soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment